This enabled an immediate disbursement of SDR 145.08 million (US
The 2 year SBA in the amount of SDR 1.146 billion (US
The Executive Board approved the authorities request for modification of
The authorities made progress on their Fund-supported economic program. End-March quantitative performance criteria appears to have been met, but progress on structural reforms slowed by last year s protracted political crisis.
The adoption of a constitution and the formation of a new government led to greater confidence in political and economic prospects. The growth is moderate, unemployment remains high, and fiscal and external imbalances are elevated.
The current monetary policy stance is appropriate, but needs to be tightened if inflationary or exchange rate pressures arise. The removal of the lending rate cap is essential to strengthening monetary transmission and access to finance. Greater exchange rate flexibility helps to rebuild external buffers, reduce liquidity injections, and improve competitiveness.
Improved data reporting, strengthened supervision, and the new strategic vision for public banks are important steps to reduce fragilities.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California