Owing to its landlocked nature and hilly terrain, the northeastern region often faces problems in the supply of food and other essential commodities.
The government has been trying to coordinate with
The Tripura Government recently approached the
This move was initiated after the railways announced suspension of train services to Agartala because of gauge-conversion work.
The disruption in railway connectivity for 6 months will put immense pressure on the NH 44 connecting
" We are taking steps to build up a buffer stock so that during these 6 months, there is no shortage of essential commodities. But, still, there will be some gaps. So, those gaps can be filled up if food grains and other essential commodities can come through
Last year, the Bangladesh Government had agreed to allow the transit of 10,000 tonnes of food grains for
While the people of the region are going to be benefitted by a better supply of food and essential goods, this move will also cut down on the transportation cost as the distance gets reduced.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya