The HOME Forward Act correctly structures the new system to ensure that the largest lenders do not gain unfair advantage over community lenders. The proposal provides smaller lenders a fair opportunity to compete with the biggest banks and promotes greater affordability for all borrowers in all regions of the country.
The congresswoman's proposal seeks to mitigate the harmful consequences of a hardwired down payment standard by allowing federal regulators the discretion to lower down payment requirements when it makes sense to do so. This approach is a step in the right direction. We encourage Congresswoman Waters to give full authority to the regulator to determine reasonable and sound down payment requirements for qualified borrowers.
Rep. Waters has long championed credit access for ordinary Americans and that commitment is evidenced in the HOME Forward Act.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?