Notice Type: Special Notice
Subject: Pre-Solicitation Announcement: Operations and Maintenance Services for the Participation Management System (PM) - ED-FSA-14-R-0014
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Contact: FSA Acquisitions Origination and Disbursement Team, Email MPDODTeam@ed.gov
Federal Student Aid
Please hold any questions regarding the evaluation factors until the solicitation has been posted. You may find additional information about PM in the FBO Sources Sought Notice, ED-FSA-14-SSN-ParticipationManagement-SAIGEnrollmentSite.
This notice is for informational purposes only and no proposals will be accepted in response to this notice.
At a high level, the following constitutes the Phase 1 evaluation factors on which offerors will be selected for consideration for Phase 2 of this solicitation process (factors are subject to change prior to solicitation posting):
Factor 1: Socioeconomic Status, GO/NO-GO
Offeror must meet the small business standards under NAICS code 541511 (Size Standard
Factor 2: Technical Expertise, GO/NO-GO
Offeror must provide demonstrated technical experience and expertise of at least 3 years within the past 5 years (since 2009) with the following products and/or functions:
Offeror must provide proof of demonstrated expertise and ability using required products (i-vii) at a similar level of scope and complexity as PM as described in the Statement of Objectives (SOO) through documentation to include, but not limited to, contract terms, current company personnel resumes, current company certifications, etc. NOTE: Personnel must have employment history at the offeror's company working on requirements of similar scope and size as PM.
Factor 3: System Processing Volumes, GO/NO-GO
Offeror must provide proof of demonstrated ability and experience to operate and maintain a user enrollment system of similar size and scope (managing approximately 37,000 new and 43,000 updated service enrollments annually). Offeror must provide proof of demonstrated ability of volume processing and capacity through documentation to include, but not limited to, contract terms, deliverables, reports, performance and/or usage reports, etc. All documentation must be independently verifiable.
Factor 4: System Security Experience
A. Subfactor: System Management of PII - Offeror must demonstrate experience with managing large quantities of sensitive data such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Offeror must provide proof of experience through documentation to include, but not limited to, contract terms, deliverables, reports, performance and/or usage reports, etc.
B. Subfactor: Maintain NIST & FIPS Standards - Offeror must demonstrate experience with maintaining security standards for systems in compliance with security authorization processes as outlined in
C. Subfactor: Authority to Operate - Offeror must have obtained an Authority To Operate (ATO) for a Federal IT System after
Factor 5: Past Performance
Offeror must provide past performance experience, past performance references, and past performance Contracting Officers' and/or Contract Administrators' contact information. Offeror's client(s) must also submit no more than three (3) Past Performance Questionnaires. Offeror will be evaluated for past performance on systems of similar size and scope to PM based on the following factors:
A. Subfactor: Relevancy -
1. Offeror's corporate performance to operate & maintain a database as described in the Statement of Objectives (SOO).
2. Offeror's corporate experience with Title IV student aid programs and data.
3. Offeror's corporate experience with operating a mailroom, imaging, and data entry service.
4. Offeror's corporate experience with set up and day-to-day management of a customer support call center.
B. Subfactor: Quality -
1. Offeror's record of providing high quality services of a similar nature to the requirements described in the SOO in a manner that ensures overall client satisfaction.
Factor 6: Cost Estimate
Offeror must provide the estimated annual firm-fixed price for the Base Period and four Option Periods.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana