The university expected to take-off with Kurutie,
The establishment is in furtherance of the passion by the
Nigerian Seafarers Development Programme (NSDP), NIMASA's human capacity building initiative, has graduated 51 cadets, while about 2,505 officers and ratings are undergoing various maritime academic programmes in reputable institutions in
Director-General of NIMASA, Ziakede Akpobolokemi said the dearth of human capacity in the maritime sector, occasioned by inadequate maritime training institutions in
The President is expected to perform the ground-breaking ceremony of the permanent site, in Warri Southwest Local Government Area of
The President will similarly perform the ground-breaking of NIMASA Dockyard and Shipyard, expected to build and maintain various sizes of vessels located also in Okerenkoko
As a prelude, Akpobolokemi, last weekend, conducted the Minister of Transport, Senator
The university would also serve as a research and knowledge centre, Akpobolokemi said, adding that "the Shipyard facility will similarly compliment this objective."
The Minister commended NIMASA for the pace of work at the temporary site of the university and the take-off of construction activities at Okerenkoko.
The agency has also sponsored
The NIMASA DG said these capacity development initiatives would quicken the pace for the development of human capacity that would conveniently take over the Cabotage trade in the very near future.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience