Pfizer rose 1 percent after
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 25 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,516 in midday trading Monday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose five points, or 0.3 percent, to 1,883 and the Nasdaq composite rose 32 points, or 0.8 percent, to 4,123.
AT&T fell 1 percent after the company said it plans to buy satellite TV provider
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment