The Board of Directors had prior to the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) in
Speaking at the89th AGM, the President of the
He said this was a welcome development that should be applauded, adding that shareholders expected the current year to be better for the company.
He also called for bonus issues for shareholders, adding that it will go a long way to enable them sell their shares and make better investment.
Chairman of Unilever, His Majesty Nnaemeka Achebe, said the firm will continue to drive the implementation of the electronic dividend and bonus payment system in other to reduce the incidence of unclaimed dividends and share certificates.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile