ENP Newswire -
Release date- 16052014 - The Finnish Defence Forces have signed an agreement with Scanias subsidiary
The contract includes service and maintenance contracts for 6+6+3 years, plus an option for delivering an additional 69 trucks. Total order value is in the area of
This is a strategically significant order for
The Finnish Defence Forces are buying both tractors and rigids. Every one of them has at least two drive axles, and some of the tractor units have three driving axles for extremely good traction. The vehicles are primarily intended for material transport and the majority of them are equipped with hooklifts. All of them are equipped with Scanias 13-litre, 6-cylinder inline engine and Scanias medium-sized G cab. Apart from the choice of colour, the trucks will differ insignificantly from civilian trucks, primarily by retrofitting certain types of equipment at Scanias workshop in Jyvaskyla.
This order from the Finnish Defence is proof that Scanias approach - offering ordinary civilian vehicles to extremely demanding defence customers - is bearing fruit, says
Deliveries begin in 2014 and will be completed in 2017.
Tel: +46 70 758 30 59,
Employing some 41,000 people, the company operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are concentrated in
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids