Science & Technology Desk
Analytica Chimica Acta journal has published an article written by researchers of
It is a prestigious scientific journal published by
Habib Baqeri, professor of analytical chemistry, and Ali Roustaei, PhD student from
Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug commonly used for relief of a wide variety of pain, fever, inflammations and stiffness.
The drug enters through surface waters from sewage and wastewaters, and poses a pollution risk to environment. Therefore, it is important to measure the concentrations of naproxen in water and remove it.
In the study, an extracting medium based on chitosan-polypyrrole (CS-PPy) magnetic nanocomposite was synthesized by chemical polymerization of pyrrole in the presence of chitosan magnetic nanoparticles (CS-MNPs) for micro-solid phase extraction.
Extraction efficiency of the nanocomposite was compared with the CS-MNPs and Fe3O4 nanoparticles for the determination of naproxen in aqueous samples.
The scanning electron microscopy images revealed that the CS-PPy nanocomposite possesses more porous structure.
Among different synthesized nanocomposites, CS-PPy magnetic nanocomposite showed greater efficiency
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?