Speaking at a press conference to announce the 2014-2015 season, His Highness Sayyid Kamil Fahad Al Said noted that new job opportunities are being created in the lighting, sound, costume and other technical departments at the
The Omani staff members are learning skills such as stage lighting, sound engineering, and stage makeup and other technical roles essential to any theatre.
"The Royal Opera House Muscat's mission also includes introducing Omanis to jobs new to the Omani market. We expect this number to increase in the future,"
In the last quarter of 2013, 21 Omanis were recruited. So far this year, 21 Omanis have been hired, bringing the total to 42. Also, training and internship programmes have been ongoing to prepare Omanis for the many technical jobs on stage, as well as opera house programming.
"During the summer and the upcoming academic year, the
"While it is difficult to measure in absolute numbers, but given our observation throughout the season, we can definitely confirm that we have observed an increase in the Omani audience across all Arab and non-Arab events,"
To get in touch with the reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?