Ba2 from Ba3 the government-guaranteed debt ratings of 3 Portuguese
same time, the ratings of the government-guaranteed debt of these banks
has been placed on review for further upgrade.
These rating actions follow the upgrade of the government bond ratings of
(for further details please see "Moody's upgrades
bond rating to Ba2 and places rating on review for further upgrade").
Today's rating actions only affect the ratings of those instruments that
are based on the unconditional and irrevocable guarantee by the
Portuguese government. Moody's will separately assess the potential
impact of the upgrade and review for further upgrade of
government bond ratings on the debt and deposit ratings of Portuguese
RATIONALE FOR GOVERNMENT-GUARANTEED DEBT
Moody's rates Portuguese government-guaranteed debt at the sovereign rating level. The rating on the government-backed debt of the 3 affected
banks has therefore been aligned with
rating on review for further upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids