The third exposure draft of regulations under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 was today released for public consultation.
"The Government is continuing to drive a cultural change within the finance sector with a renewed focus on simple, meaningful and more accessible information for investors,"
"One proposed regulation limits the length of product disclosure statements to 60 pages for equity products, including IPOs, 30 pages for debt products and 12 pages for KiwiSaver and other managed funds."
The information investors receive in a product disclosure statement will be supplemented by an online register of financial offers, where investors can find further information.
"This is a key component of the Government's Business Growth Agenda. Better regulation leads to increased confidence and participation in
"This final consultation round will address any remaining technical issues before the regulations come into force on
The consultation period closes
More information is available on the MBIE website: http://www.med.govt.nz/business/business-law/current-business-law-work/financial-markets-conduct-act
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows