The Minister for Communications, Dr. Edward Omani Boamah has announced that the
According to him with the arrival and introduction of additional switches the percentage would improve and more opportunities would emerge to promote local content development.
The Minister made this known at the celebration of the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day held in
Dr. Omani Boamah said the
He stated that developments in the telecommunication landscape had greatly improved the performance of all sectors of the economy and enhanced national cohesion and entrepreneurial development with citizen empowerment.
He noted that according to the 2014 budget statement, the services sector grew by 9.2 per cent in 2013 and Information Communication Technology (ICT) dominated by contributing 24.7% to that impressive growth.
The Minister stated that presently
Government he said had released funds for the construction of 21 more
The Deputy Director for Consumer and Corporate Affairs Division of the
The Deputy Director stated that the Day was also born out of a global need by member countries of
In a message read on his behalf by the UN Resident Co-ordinator for
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007