Ailing Space Telescope Getting 2nd Chance
After being declared inoperable last year,
Kepler was launched in
Since the stars are thousands of light years from Earth, the precise pointing of the Kepler's instruments is of critical importance. The planets cannot be seen, but their presence can be calculated from the dip in the light of their stars when other planets pass in front of them.
After analyzing previously collected data,
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply