The 2014 Annual Meetings coincide with the celebrations of the institution's 50th Anniversary. The AfDB was established in 1964 to mobilize resources for the economic and social development of its Regional Member Countries (RMCs) by focusing on poverty reduction and promoting sustainable growth.
In a briefing with media, Finance Minister Claver Gatete said, "This year's meetings provide the opportunity to take stock and look forward, reflecting on the aspirations of Africans for the destiny of their continent. We have accomplished a lot but a lot remains to be done. That's why we need to continually assess progress and take action for the development of the continent and to able to compete globally."
The meetings will also review the
Speaking at this briefing, the Country Resident Representative of AfDB Mr.
"The five year, the Bank country strategy paper for
A series of high-level seminars and events will address the global economy, the continent's economic, social and political issues, and seek solutions to ensure a better future for Africans. The meetings will go beyond reflecting on the Vision for
The event will bring together approximately 3,000 delegates from
Find out which events will be live: http://www.afdb.org/en/annual-meetings-2014/multimedia/
Follow the conversation on
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review