"The PP recognizes that economic management and good governance are central to a transformational poverty reduction agenda. However, the main challenge of maintaining macro-economic stability is that
"To transform the economy of this nation we are going to pay special attention to the rural areas and poorest segments of the population, which must be included in efforts to raise the levels of savings and must benefit from the financial international and the availability of credit."
In addition, the Peoples' Party Government says monetary policy should focus on effective monetary management to ensure low and competitive interest rates, single digit inflation, stable exchange rates, reasonable spread between lending and savings rates, and the establishment of long-term capital market.
The manifesto furthermore states that the party plans to build capacity for financial programming in the
According to the document, the PP Government understands the importance of consistent power and energy in developing
"We will ensure availability of uninterrupted power and energy supplies, "reads part of the manifesto.
The PP regime, however has prepared long-term strategies that will ensure manageable and sustainable domestic debt levels; and mobilize alternative finances/resources to reduce dependence on donors by 30 percent within five to ten years.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast