Lagarde made this statement at the end of "Building the Future-Jobs, Growth and Fairness in the
She also stated that the conference "provided an opportunity for candid dialogue with an impressive group of the Arab world's top policymakers, academics, civil society organizations and youth on issues that touch the lives of the citizens of this dynamic region."
"In order to re-orient expenditure towards public investment and other priority areas including health, education, and targeted safety nets, public finances-need to be strengthened including reducing deficit."
"It will be equally important to improve business climates, and strengthen transparency and governance. Successful reform implementation will require a participatory approach involving all sectors of society, and anchoring reforms in compelling, shared visions about the countries' futures. External partners are called upon to help with advice, financing, and capacity building."
The conference "Building the Future—Jobs, Growth and Fairness in the
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild