The cost-plus-award-fee contract with performance incentives has a contract value of approximately
RBI will fly on the Joint Polar Satellite System 2 (JPSS-2) mission planned for launch in
Observations from RBI will help measure the effect of clouds on the Earth s energy balance, which strongly influences both weather and climate. Long-term satellite data from RBI will help scientists and researchers understand the links between the Earth s incoming and outgoing energy, and properties of the atmosphere that affect it. The data from RBI will provide fundamental inputs to extended range --10-day or longer -- weather forecasting, and also be used to develop a quantitative understanding of the links between Earth s radiation budget and the properties of the atmosphere and surface that define that budget.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges