The EBRD is providing a loan of 8 million for the benefit of the
In parallel with the EBRD loan, other institutions are providing matching grant financing to the company. The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) is providing a 6.85 million grant.
The proceeds of the EBRD loan and the SCCF and SECO grants will fund water supply and wastewater rehabilitation in the city. The project will involve the development of well fields and replacement of transmission pipes; the construction of wastewater collector pipes; and the procurement of laboratory equipment.
Signing the loan at the EBRD Annual Meeting in
The Minister of Finance of the
The city of Bishkek, with funding from the EBRD and SECO, is already working on the modernisation of the city s water supply infrastructure. The previous loan, signed in 2009, financed the modernisation of equipment and vehicles, the installation of water meters, and the rehabilitation of boreholes and water intakes, to improve water supply services for the people of Bishkek.
This year, the EBRD has also financed water and wastewater modernisation in the city of Talas following similar projects earlier in the cities of Bishkek, Osh, Jalalabad and Karabalta.
Since the beginning of its operations in the
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground