An office in
Minister of Finance
She said that DFIs have to balance their development mandate with prudent, shrewd long term investment strategies that ensure that they remain profitable in a manner that sustains their ability to provide finance that is beneficial to development.
Kuugongelwa-Amadhila said accountability measures required of traditional commercial banks were not the same as those for DFIs and said DFIs are rated by their development impact as a measure of fulfillment their mandate.
The chief executive officer, Martin Inkumbi, said Erongo Region,
He said, "It also contains the largest concentration of mining activities, a key driver for the Namibian economy and development .
Figures published by the DBN stated that N$500 million has been sanctioned for finance in the Erongo region since 2005, which generated 995 permanent jobs and 1 541 temporary ones.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment