THOUSANDS of gamers and animation fans from across the GCC are set to take part in one of the region's biggest anime conventions this afternoon.
Animania, now in its fourth year, is being held at Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) in Sakhir and promises to feature scores of 'cosplayers' dressed as their favourite fictional characters.
Gamers will compete in a special gaming hall designed to host
Animania co-founder and avowed anime lover
"The venue was really small but a good number of people turned up, which encouraged me to continue organising it year after year," she said.
"Animania has grown in size and popularity and now people from countries around the Gulf are on tenterhooks to attend this fun event.
"This year's highlights are the cash prizes, as well as the partnership with
The action starts at
Visitors will also have the chance to experience the hyper-realistic 3D virtual reality Oculus Rift headset and a Razer Hydra motion controller provided by Cyberstore, which will also be offering exclusive PC merchandise at the event.
Tickets are available from Geekay Games in
At the BIC, tickets cost BD6 with VIP tickets, which include free entry to all the competitions, access to the VIP area, giveaways and unlimited food and drinks, priced at BD20.
For more information, visit the Facebook page on www.facebook.com/AnimaniaBahrain or call 34301991.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild