The Jiaozuo Municipal Government has launched a new economic growth strategy focused on utilizing the rich tourist attractions such as natural landscapes and cultural relics, but the inefficient road network and inadequate public transport services are an impediment to the city's attractiveness as a tourist destination. At the same time, rapid motorization and growth of private car ownership is leading to increased traffic congestion and road accidents.
Designed to help address these challenges and realize the city's vision for being a Green Tourism destination, the
Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture in
The project will support integrated transport management on the major transport corridors, provide the infrastructure and equipment to improve public transport services, and construct some new road links in both Mengzi and Jianshui. A school transportation demonstration program will be implemented in Mengzi to improve the transport safety for school children.
More than 490,000 residents in Jiaozuo and about 750,000 residents in Honghe Prefecture are expected to benefit from the two projects respectively, through more efficient and safer movement for road users, more pleasant travel environment for pedestrians and cyclists, reduced travel time and more reliable services for public transport users, and better accessibility to jobs, schools and public services and improved air quality for all residents.
"Urban transport affects the daily lives of residents. The two projects will to contribute to the improvements of people's mobility and accessibility in the project cities, and make the cities more livable," said
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140516-30FurigayJane-4736831 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel