Education and Skills Minister
Since 3 April The
The service run by the SLC is providing students and potential students with an improved customer service, reduced processing times, greater consistency, co ordinated information advice and guidance, an improved on line service for applicants and access to a bilingual service.
The new modernised Student Finance Wales service operating from Llandudno Junction, employs around 130 members of staff, 100 of which are new jobs in the area.
"This launch marks the end of a huge amount of work to modernise the Student Finance Wales service.
"For the first time in
"This will benefit our learners by providing a consistent end-to-end service. The ultimate benefit is the simplification of the system for students.
"I wish the Student Finance Wales team in Llandudno Junction continued success in providing an excellent service to Welsh learners. I look forward to many more years of working in close partnership with the
"Our colleagues at Student Finance Wales, part of the
"As an organisation our vision is to be a digital, customer-focused centre of excellence which puts our customer needs at the heart of everything we do and we look forward to bringing this ethos to our new offices in Llandudno Junction.
"We are delighted that the Welsh Government has given us this remit and look forward to working in partnership to provide the best possible service for our Welsh students and stakeholders."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June