Chairman of the company,
According to him, the "company defied the challenging national and economic circumstances with strategic actions and investments which enabled it to weather the storms and deliver continued value to all its stakeholders.
"Unilever has emerged a stronger business and we are more than ever fit to win in the market place, and our 2013 performance has positioned us to further withstand adverse business operating environment into the future."
He also assured shareholders that the measures taken so far to transform the company would enhance its profitability as well as enhance shareholders' value on investment.
"Our sustained investments will continue to yield strong results and better innovations which will enable us to continue to meet and exceed consumer expectations at all times," he stated.
The shareholders, who gave their approval in
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild