The UNC System Board of Governors has approved
University leaders note the curriculum will produce talented graduates to meet the 21st-century demands of business and industry.
"This new academic program is
The PSM in Data Science and Business Analytics program is the collaborative result of
The PSM in DSBA is an interdisciplinary program that draws on faculty expertise from
* PSM, Health Informatics
* Master of Business Administration (MBA), Concentration in Business Analytics
* Ph.D., Computing and Information Systems
The University also offers graduate certificates in data science and business analytics, health informatics, bioinformatics technology, bioinformatics applications, advanced databases and knowledge discovery, management of information technology and information security and privacy.
At the undergraduate level, the University has majors in computer science with a financial services informatics concentration, software and information systems with a financial services informatics concentration, management information systems, marketing with a concentration in marketing analytics and operations and supply chain management.
"By fueling the talent pipeline with graduates in data science and business analytics,
The PSM in DSBA is a two-year graduate degree program that will combine technology, analytics and business to prepare graduates as data scientists and business analysts capable of applying their expertise across many industries. Students in the program will take courses in business theory and practice, informatics and analytics. Graduates will be prepared for employment in a variety of data intensive industries, such as financial services, energy, retail/supply chain or health care.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140516-4737851 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges