The California cat that saved her young owner during a dog attack, and became an Internet star in the process, will now be starring in a different role – minor league baseball pitcher.
Tara the famous feline will toss out the first pitch at the Bakersfield Blaze game on May 20.
Can we get the @TheHeroCat out to a game? We sure hope so! http://t.co/6HvG00PhdO— Bakersfield Blaze (@BakoBlaze) May 15, 2014
The team, which is the Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, contacted the Triantafilo family about the possibility of her taking the mound alongside the 4-year-old boy, Jeremy, that she rescued.
They said yes and whole family, Tara included, will take the mound for the ceremonial first pitch when the Blaze take on the Lancaster JetHawks.
As an added incentive to get animal lovers to attend, half price tickets are available to any fan that brings unused animal toys or unopened animal food to the game. The food and toys will be given to a local animal charity or shelter.
It's unclear exactly how Tara will get the ball to home plate...
Original headline: Hero cat will throw out first pitch at Bakersfield Blaze minor league ...
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground