SIFMA today issued the following statement from
"SIFMA welcomes today's development which brings us one significant step closer to achieving the shared goal of establishing a more sustainable housing finance system. We appreciate the thoughtful approach to reform established by
"In particular, SIFMA is pleased that the bipartisan bill emerging from the Committee today contains flexibility to protect taxpayers from losses by requiring issuers to share risk with the private sector, maintains a focus on preserving the liquidity of and consumer benefits provided by the TBA market, and provides for a reasonable transition period to the new system.
"We support efforts to reform the housing finance system as success in this area leads to economic growth and job creation as well as the restoration of a competitive mortgage market serving all Americans."
TNS 24HariCha-140516-30FurigayJane-4737328 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post