The stock market ended slightly higher Friday after drifting between small losses and gains for most of the day. Telecom stocks led gains and
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 44.50 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,491.31.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 7.01 points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,877.86.
The Nasdaq composite index rose 21.30 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,090.59.
For the week:
The Dow fell 92.03 points, or 0.6 percent.
The S&P 500 index slipped 0.62 of a point, or 0.03 percent.
The Nasdaq composite rose 18.72 points, or 0.5 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is down 85.35 points, or 0.5 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 29.50 points, or 1.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 86 points, or 2.1 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free