Uncertainty about the outlook for the markets may lead to choppy trading on
Traders seem to be questioning whether the losses over the two previous sessions are the start of a correction by the markets or just a temporary retraction.
Meanwhile, some positive sentiment may be generated by a report from the
The report said housing starts surged up 13.2% to an annual rate of 1.072 million in April from the revised March estimate of 947,000. Economists had expected housing starts to climb to a rate of 980,000.
Building permits, an indicator of future housing demand, also jumped 8.0% to an annual rate of 1.080 million in April from the revised March rate of 1.0 million.
Not long after the start of trading, Thomson Reuters and the
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007