New proactive anti-theft feature detects potentially dangerous situations for the Android device and mitigates many of the worries related to device loss and theft
Screenshot of the ESET Mobile Security Android Application
Extensive research and numerous studies have shown that the Android platform accounts for over 90% of malware. Owing to the flexibility, affordability and capabilities of the system however, it still enjoys the highest penetration in the smartphone market and research agency
"The popularity of the Android OS makes it a lucrative target for attackers as with more users, the potential of successful infection is vastly greater. Unfortunately, while users today spend significant amounts of money and time on their mobile devices, they fail to equip them with the same level of protection as they would a traditional PC," said Pradeesh VS,
ESET Mobile Security provides set of strong security features improving the Android experience without worrying about cyber threats and comes in free and premium versions. The free version of the application provides basic protection including full device scan, scan of downloaded applications items and basic Anti-Theft functionalities. All Premium features are unlocked after activating of 30-day trial or buying the license. In the premium version users will find Scheduled scanning, On-Charger scan, advanced Proactive Anti-Theft functionalities, including my.eset.com integration, SMS&Call filter and Security Audit.
The solution’s proactive Anti-Theft detects potentially dangerous situations and takes preventative steps to ease locating the stolen or lost device. The new functionality for Premium users sends the last location of the device when the battery hits critical level, takes snapshots from front and back camera when the wrong PIN/pattern is entered or an unauthorized SIM change is detected. All data on the device is accessible via the my.eset.com web interface.
New Proactive Anti-Theft and My.eset.com Features:
• Integration with my.eset.com web interface for Android devices and Windows notebooks protected by ESET Smart Security
• SIM Matching - Receive remote commands even if an unauthorized SIM card is inserted.
• Location Tracking - Online management of Anti-Theft. Mark a device as missing on my.eset.com. The location of the device is displayed on a map in real-time so that the user can quickly pinpoint the device's whereabouts.
• Suspicious state - Autonomous preventive action after a wrong PIN/pattern is entered or unauthorized SIM change detected
• Camera Snapshots - If the device is marked missing, snapshots are automatically and regularly sent from the phone's front and back camera to my.eset.com to help identify its location.
• On Screen Message - Customizable message to potential device finder
• Low Battery - If the device hits critical battery level, the current position is sent to my.eset.com
• User IP Address Details - Listing of IP addresses that the device was connected to if marked as missing
Users can download and use the FREE version of ESET Mobile Security from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eset.ems2.gp
ESET®, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning ESET NOD32® technology, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. For over 26 years, the Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. By obtaining the 80th VB100 award in
The Company has global headquarters in
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya