The loonie was off 0.01 of a cent to
Financial markets have been pressured this week by fresh economic worries after data showed the recovery in
Traders will be particularly interested in the
This has also been a remarkable week in the fixed income area where bond yields have fallen sharply amid equity market nervousness.
The benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury was at 2.49 per cent Friday morning, after starting the week at 2.66 per cent and as low as 2.47 per cent on Thursday.
And the rally hasn't been confined to the U.S.
On the commodity markets, June crude gained
July copper was up a cent at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders