/ in Business
This is contained in a notice to the
According to the company, the dividend, which is subject to shareholders' ratification at the next annual general meeting, will be paid to those whose names appear on the register of members as at
The company had penultimate paid 40kobo as dividend, while promising better return in the coming years.
The chairman, Alhaji Umaru Kwairanga, had at a meeting with shareholder assured them of better return, saying that his optimism was hinged on the cost cutting measures the company was adopting.
He explained that
He stated that a key element of the company's cost reduction effort was focused on increasing the substitution rate of local coal for expensive low pour fuel oil (LFPO) as fuel for firing of its kilns.
Kwairanga also assured that the company would tap from the experience of the parent company -Lafarge WAPCO - to improve its leading position in the Nigerian cement industry, saying that it is set to increase its market share from the current five percent.
"I want to assure investors that the board and management will work hard to deliver better returns on their investments. Our other stakeholders will equally benefit from the positive results of the strategies
A peep into the first quarter unaudited financial statement for
The profit before tax for the period rose by 74 percent from N1.618 billion to N2.816 billion, while profit after jumped to N1.919 billion as against N1.133 billion in the corresponding period in 2013.
The basic earnings per share rose to 86 kobo from 51 kobo in 2013, representing 68.6 percent improvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant