The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "In order to establish suitable preparation and stability conditions, the assemblies were characterized in solution by UV-Vis spectroscopy, dynamic light scattering and zeta-potential. The nanoparticles were tested against E. coli (10(6) CFU/ml) in aqueous solution, showing a synergic activity of the heteropolyacid H5PMo10V2O40 and CS."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "For such components, a highly porous and antibacterial film was obtained upon lyophilisation of the colloidal mixture."
For more information on this research see: Chitosan-Polyoxometalate Nanocomposites: Synthesis, Characterization and Application as Antimicrobial Agents.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting G. Fiorani, ITM CNR, I-87030 Arcavacata Di Rende, CS,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years