As network operators work as monopolies, the regulator Ofgem set out the new RIIO price controls to ensure costs are kept down.
Earnings per share rose five per cent last year to 54p, beating analysts' expectations, although much of this was due to one-off tax savings. Adjusted pre-tax profits rose to £2.58bn. Shares rose 0.3 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row