In a statement, the
However, pretax profit fell to
Operating costs relating to LCH.Clearnet amounted to
"We have accelerated our cost saving targets at
The CEO, who is celebrating his fifth year in the role, said the
"We have produced a good full-year financial performance with increased top line, operating profits and earnings, reflecting both strong organic growth and the benefits from recent additions to the group.
Rolet declined to give further details regarding the stock exchange's interest in the potential acquisition of US-based
Nevertheless, he outlined his thoughts on how the industry will develop going forward in light of the new European rules. The CEO said he has been encouraged by new European regulations which will "promote competition, empowering investors through enhanced choice, lower costs and greater capital efficiency."
"The provisions for open access in clearing and access to benchmarks will help reduce the fragmentation of risk in closed silos and promote lower cost, more efficient and robust competitive markets," Rolet said.
In early trade Thursday,
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years