The U.S. Small Business Administration selected Indigo IT LLC as its 2014 National Prime Contractor of the Year, it was announced last week.
Indigo IT is a woman-owned small business and minority disadvantaged business enterprise based in Reston, Va.
Only federal agencies can nominate companies for the award, and a federal agency can only nominate a single firm for the award. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) nominated Indigo IT in January for the company's performance in migrating DISA Mission Partners to the DoD Enterprise Email (DEE) environment (the DISA Cloud), according to a news release.
Indigo IT is the only IT services consultant performing the migration of DoD Mission Partners to the DISA DEE, and performed its task on time and under budget, according to the release.
Founded in 2001, Indigo IT is helmed by CEO and President Denise Van Wyngaardt, a Mexican-American native of Texas. She graduated from St. Mary's University in San Antonio and received her master's in public policy from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
"We are honored to have received this acknowledgment by DISA and the SBA and we congratulate all the other small businesses receiving awards," Ms. Van Wyngaardt said. "We are proud of our team supporting DISA and look forward to continuing to provide great services on this high-visibility project."
The awards ceremony will be held Friday in Washington during SBA National Small Business Week.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think