Speaking at the opening, Minister of Finance
She said that DFIs have to balance their development mandate with prudent, shrewd long term investment strategies that ensure that they remain profitable in a manner that sustains their ability to provide finance that is beneficial to development.
Kuugongelwa-Amadhila said accountability measures required of traditional commercial banks were not the same as those for DFIs and said DFIs are rated by their development impact as a measure of fulfillment their mandate.
Speaking at the same event, the chief executive officer, Martin Inkumbi, said Erongo Region,
"It also contains the largest concentration of mining activities, a key driver for the Namibian economy and development," he said.
Figures released by the DBN show that N$500 million has been approved for finance in the Erongo region since 2005, which created 995 permanent jobs and 1 541 temporary ones.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z