Corker Applauds Senate Banking Committee Passage of Housing Finance Reform Bill
"I am extremely proud the banking committee took a significant step toward building a modern and more efficient housing finance system."
"After more than a year of discussions and a dozen hearings, I am extremely proud the banking committee took a significant step toward building a modern and more efficient housing finance system that provides access to creditworthy borrowers while protecting taxpayers from writing massive checks in the heat of a future financial crisis," said Corker. "This bill serves as a model of how we can tackle the major challenges in our economy and should become the framework for how our housing finance system will ultimately look."
"I hope the Senate Majority Leader recognizes this tremendous opportunity to address the unfinished business of the 2008 financial crisis and schedules a floor vote on this important, bipartisan bill," added Corker. "The
In addition to Corker and Warner, Chairman
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego