National Communication Commission said that prospects of introduction and development of 4G broadband service (LTE) are considered on 2-day conference of ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute), being held in
Discussion also scopes prospects of admission service to wireless broadband networks.
The Commission member
Exact volume of investment will depend on number of companies, having capacity to develop this service, Abashidze said, pointing that "investment of about 350-400 million lari is expected" in arrangement of LTE networks.
Abashidze declared that Georgian operators are ready for LTE introduction, noting: "It could be said that we are even late a bit in comparison with other European countries and not only with them".
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention