The bank said after markets closed Thursday that the charge does not affect its ongoing operations.
As a result,
Shares in the bank were halted prior to the announcement.
Late last year, the bank announced that it was cutting FirstCaribbean staff by 10 per cent due to tough economic conditions in places like
FirstCaribbean has more than 3,400 staff at 69 branches, 22 banking centres and seven offices across 17 islands in the
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian