The South Korean firm reports that during its debut month, the Galaxy S5 handset has outperformed its predecessor, the Galaxy S4 smartphone. During the first month, over 11 million S5 smartphones were sold, while the S4 secured roughly 10 million sales.
According to the
"It's been a month since we began selling the S5, and out of the gate, sales are much stronger than the Galaxy S4," Shin told the publication.
In order to try and keep profit flowing in to company coffers,
The figures show that the electronics giant's smartphone business may be regaining some momentum following the loss of market share in Q1 2014. Stiff competition from handset makers including
The South Korean firm has reported lacklustre financial results in the past two consecutive quarters. In Q1 the company reported operating profit of
Some have criticized the Galaxy S5's design due to a lack of innovative features and the plastic feel of the device. Earlier this month, reports suggested that the company's design chief
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth