A new biotechnology firm has licensed technology from the
Stokes' lab at the medical school recently published data from pre-clinical trials showing that inhibition of a biochemical sensor can protect the heart from dangerous changes associated with enlargement of the heart and subsequent heart failure.
Makai Biotechnology was founded by Stokes and
The university holds an interest in Makai Biotechnology and may receive future revenue derived from its licensed property.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June