Using smartphones to pay at
"It is clear that NFC capability will soon be at the fingertips of the vast majority of the adult Middle Eastern population," Mohamed Anis Chemli, telecommunication solutions director for the GCC at Gemalto Middle East, told ?Khaleej Times.
NFC payments at supermarkets is expected to arrive soon. Smartphone penetration in the
"The critical question for Middle Eastern retailers is how best to exploit NFC to create fast, convenient and personalised shopping experiences for millions of consumers. With the upcoming Expo 2020, there is no reason why
Visitors at the show were given the chance to trial interactive in-store and online mobile purchasing experiences based on NFC technology — and they could, at times, diverge sharply from from traditional methods.
Creating shopping lists, getting personalised deals, viewing available coupons, checking and using loyalty points and scanning products were among the other examples of NFC functionality on display.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast