Mawwell, which means "fund" in Arabic is a new international rewards-based crowdfunding destination for creative and innovative projects.
The company aims to give the opportunity for project creators who may be too small for venture capital firms or too innovative for bankers, to attract the attention from individuals whose financial support will help the projects concretize themselves, said a senior official.
"We are very excited about the launch of Mawwell as the first crowdfunding platform to fully address the EMEA creative projects crowdfunding needs." remarked Joanna Truffaut, the founder and director of Mawwell.
Mawwell welcomes projects in various categories including technology, music, gaming, art, comics, publishing, design, films & documentaries, photography and fashion.
"Project creators can post a project in one of the above categories and run fundraising campaigns, with a deadline and a target amount, in order to fund their creative projects. Each campaign targets pledgers who are looking to support creative or innovative projects against non-monetary rewards," explained Truffaut.
Pledges will automatically be paid to the project owner only if the campaign goal is reached or exceeded by the set deadline. If not, all pledges will be automatically cancelled, meaning that it is a neutral operation, she stated.
The projects Mawwell is launching in the region include:
Qrated: A cultured and fun tourism voice guide application, which aims at providing the best guided tour experience and break with the traditional inanimate guides (such as old fashioned audio guides and travel guide books). The app will start with the city of
Eclectic - The Album: a world music album project by
Mawwell intends to meet the fast growing creativity and innovation scene in
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply