The company, which manufactures and supplies landscape, driveway and garden products, said the improved performance in 2014 compares with a 9% reduction for the same period a year ago, when Marshalls was affected by bad weather conditions.
Marshalls said sales to the Public Sector and Commercial end market - which now represents around 62% of group sales - were up 19%, on a continuing basis. The firm said it continues to target markets where higher levels of growth are anticipated, such as rail, home and landscape water management.
Sales to the Domestic end market, which represent approximately 32% of group sales, were up 19% compared with a year ago, Marshalls added.
Looking ahead Marshalls said it will continue to focus on product innovation and service delivery initiatives to drive sales growth and improve trading margins.
The stock was trading up 3.0% at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders