Stocks closed higher amid thin trade led by oversold oil stocks on strong valuations and rally in global stocks following Modi’s victory as Indian Prime Minister.
Experts said that renewed foreign interest, record rise in home remittances to
KSE-Allshare Index added 35.53 points or 0.17 percent to close the day at 21182.23 points, KSE-30 Index up by 47.86 points or 0.24 percent to stop the day at 19789.66 points while KMI-30 Index extended by 145.59 points or 0.32 percent to finish the trading at 45299.28 points.
Market traded 121.326 million shares compared to 88.069 million shares of a day earlier and the value of traded shares was climbed to
Trading took place in 340 companies where losers beat the gainers 201 to 119 while the value of 20 stocks remained intact. Rafhan Maize XD was the biggest price gainer of the day up by
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile