Citizens Property Insurance Corp. plans to move 148 IT jobs to Jacksonville next year. The company now has close to 900 employees spread among four locations in Jacksonville.
But it plans to consolidate those, along with 130 positions from Tallahassee and 18 from Tampa into one office complex here.
Spokesman Michael Peltier said all 148 employees in Tallahassee and Tampa have been offered the positions in Jacksonville. But he also said it's inevitable that all won't make the move and that those positions would be filled here.
Citizens currently occupies 211,000 square feet in the four locations on the Southside. Peltier said it will be looking for one 225,000-square-foot location and will issue an invitation to negotiate later this month.
Citizens is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt government corporation created by the Legislature in 2002 to provide property insurance to Floridians.
Peltier said some leases in Tallahassee and Tampa expire at the end of the year and that the corporation is using that to consolidate its operations. Most of its underwriting and claims are handled in Jacksonville, the largest Citizens center in the state.
He said he expects the bulk of the move to be done by the middle of 2015.Roger Bull: (904) 359-4296
Original headline: More jobs coming to city ; Citizens Property Insurance plans to move 148 IT positions here
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe