A staff team from the
"Over the past few years,
"To maintain this favorable economic outlook it is necessary to further strengthen public finances, continue modernizing the functioning of the financial system, and implement additional improvements to the electricity generation matrix. The fiscal outlook has strengthened as a result of the parametric changes introduced to the pension system. Going forward, improvements in public finance management can be achieved through rationalizing public spending and improving the presentation of fiscal and quasi-fiscal operations in conformity with international standards. In addition, the financial system would benefit from a strengthening of the payments system, the development of the domestic bond market, and further enhancements in monetary and inter-bank operations.
"The IMF team wishes to thank the government and representatives of the civil society for their cooperation and the candor of the conversations held during the mission. The next visit will be in the context of the 2014 Article IV currently scheduled for the end of the year."
TNS 30BautistaJude 140515-4735423 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation