The Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) and its
"We congratulate Director Watt on his thoughtful approach to FHFA's priorities for the GSEs moving forward," said HPC President
While FHFA can help stabilize the present system, reform for the future is still needed. Over 5 years have passed since the government put Fannie and Freddie under conservatorship, leaving taxpayers on the hook and exposed.
FSR and HPC are encouraged by Director Watt's comments on a number of issues including the GSE's representations and warranties policies and the goals of a common securitization platform and single security. The recently announced changes to reps and warranties are a positive first step and more can be done to address those issues to ensure lender confidence in originating loans for the GSEs.
For more information, contact
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140514-30TacordaCheng-4734050 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio