The Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) and its
"We congratulate Director Watt on his thoughtful approach to FHFA's priorities for the GSEs moving forward," said HPC President
While FHFA can help stabilize the present system, reform for the future is still needed. Over 5 years have passed since the government put Fannie and Freddie under conservatorship, leaving taxpayers on the hook and exposed.
FSR and HPC are encouraged by Director Watt's comments on a number of issues including the GSE's representations and warranties policies and the goals of a common securitization platform and single security. The recently announced changes to reps and warranties are a positive first step and more can be done to address those issues to ensure lender confidence in originating loans for the GSEs.
For more information, contact
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140514-30TacordaCheng-4734050 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years