Stemming from the CBE's efforts to manage and monitor the foreign exchange market, the monetary authority stated that banks are required to apply with the amount of US dollars needed as per their clients' import needs.
The decision came in order to meet traders' needs, who usually begin importing their goods for
"It will notably affect the informal foreign exchange market," Al-Hariry said, adding that the exceptional auction will lead to a slump in the US dollar's value of foreign exchanges to approach the CBE's.
According to Al-Hariry, the informal price of selling
In January, the CBE sold
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO